SEO is so important when creating your blog posts. I realised recently how badly I was structuring my posts when I found an awesome SEO plugin that shows you where you’re going wrong. And boy was I missing a few tricks!
The first lesson I learned was that it’s so important to have a central theme in mind before you even start writing. So for example this blog is all about SEO. Now that I know that, it’s easier to follow the golden rules ofSEO.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE BASIC SEO TIPS I’VE LEARNED:
- Choose the most important keyword for your theme and then use it in your headline.
- Start your post with the keyword – this can be challenging but really helps.
- Use the keyword in H2, H3 & H4 tags (or headings) through the post.
- Include an image and use the keyword in the ALT tag.
- Create a link to your website using the keyword.
- Create a link to another post on your blog – again using the same keyword.
- Use the keyword as many times as possible throughout the post and either bold, italic or underline each one.
Or you can add the SEOPressor plugin and it will give you a score out of 100 and show you exactly what you need to do to improve the SEO on every post you write!
If you have any helpful SEO tips I’d love to hear about them!